Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

Sunday, November 4, 2007

How I tuned my Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H to connect to My Sony KLV-32V300A LCD TV


I bought an AMD690G mobo (Gigabyte GA-MA69GM-S2H, comes with HDMI, D-sub and dvi-d ports) two weeks ago to build my very first HTPC. At first I thought it could perfectly output to my brand new Sony KLV-32V300A LCD TV that comes with a native resolution of 1366x768. But later I found out that the best resolution AMD690G could output is only 1280x768 that means it would leave two one-inch-wide black stripes on both sides of the screen of my LCD. Just imagine, how awful it was!

I solved the problem by installing a third party driver by Omega (http://www.omegadrivers.net/ati/win2k_xp.php) which works just fine for me, it supports a resolution of 1360x768 which is considered the best resolution for a 720p LCD TV which has a native resolution of 1366x768! Viewing HD contents on it is really enjoyable and the texts do look sharp and clear enough for me. Yes...I use a VGA cable at the moment but I will buy a HDMI cable later.


click here for small business website design
small business website design
Your Ad Here